Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Island

It starts out with Ewan McGregor cutting in line. When somebody reasonably points out that fact, he rather smugly says, "That's right, I did." Then Ewan is able to get on an elevator, while the guy he cut off has to wait for the next one.

Which I guess shows that he doesn't play by the corporation's rules. He's a maverick or something. But why did the other clone have to suffer?

I wonder why they made the protagonist so unpleasant right from the get go? I haven't seen the end yet, but I hope the bad guys catch Ewan and harvest his liver.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

the island is one of those movies that could have been very good.
but wasn't. the epic action sequences were a little too much. i like both scarlett johansen and ewan mcgregor but even good actors couldn't save this one in my opinion.

a similarly themed movie which i actually enjoyed more was "the sixth day" - yes, the arnold schwarzenegger one. it was actually pretty cool. the problem with the sixth day is that they had a chance to end the movie perfectly and they didn't.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home