Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Son



I was reminded of this film by Drew's post about Baghead. I haven't seen baghead, and the duplass brothers seem like they would annoy me. But maybe not. Anyway, this is definitely a film worth checking out. It's an unconventional mystery/revenge thriller. Shot like a documentary, handheld, with only a 50mm lens (i.e. no telephoto or wide angle shots), and with no coverage. The only editing is between scenes or locations or gaps in time. Something about the way this is done, and how our view is limited is so intense and unpredictable. I would love to try making a film like this. But you'd have to have some seriously good actors to pull it off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I'm really excited to see this. These guys also made L'enfant which I posted about a couple of months ago.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I hope they still use editing to tell the story. I tried watchig Russian Ark and only got ten minutes in. I'm excited to watch it especially since it's on Netflix for free.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home