Thursday, February 09, 2006

Exorcist - The Beginning

Hmmmm....How do I start writing a movie review when I am not a reviewer per se and all i write is a set of jumbled thoughts and impressions which stay in my mind after the movie has finished..I will try and write as I usually do. The views I am writing are my own and you may or may not subscribe to them and I guess thats the whole point of this blog. So here goes..

I did not watch 'Exorcist - The Beginning' when it came out originally because I wasn't into the original movie in the first place. The movie was playing on cable and I had nothing better to do (I mean I had but...), so I sat down to watch the movie.

The movie was mediocre and for most of the part it seemed like someone gave first time film makers big money and they couldn't decide what to do with it. But whatever they did - they did not do anything properly. Technically the movie is inconsistent from the start to the end. The CGI looked fake and the creature effects were laughable. The cinematography goes from brilliant from one scene to fake in the next one. The pacing of the movie is inconsistent and basic rhythms are missing. The scares are predictable and doesn't do to help the pacing of the movie. The acting was alright and it wasn't aided by the bad script. The 2 hour runtime is unjustified and definitely overstays its welcome.

Overall you can avoid the movie if you want to - you are not missing anything major. Not worth the money or time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Thanks Amit for the warning. I'll stay away from Exorcist - The Beginning.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Bryan Summers said...

Do you know if this was the Renny Harlin or the Paul Schrader version?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was the Renny Harlin version...and after seeing it I don't know if I do want to watch the Paul Schrader version..

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home