Friday, March 03, 2006

Fiztcarraldo

Is there a better face in movies than Klaus Kinski? Perhaps one could argue Danny Trejo or Buster Keaton or Olivia de Haviland, but I think they'd lose the argument. Klaus Kinski looks otherworldly. Like the disguise an alien would make to look human. Sort of like a cross between an angel and the Incredible Mr. Limpet.

This is a real good movie about a man who wants to pull a steamship over a mountain. It would still be good even if Werner Herzog had used special effects. But he didn't. In order to film it he pulled the steamship over the mountain which gave it an edge of danger and excitement. Watching this, I felt the same way I did when I saw my first Jackie Chan movie: First Strike with Jackie Chan.

If you haven't seen Aguirre: The Wrath of God, I'd watch that one first, but if you have, give this one a shot. 4 out of 4 stars.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Cool. I want to see this one. I love klaus. You hit it right on about his face. It's pretty amazing. Heart of glass is playing at international cinema. I want to go tomorrow (sat, march 4). but alas, i must work.

3:00 AM  
Blogger Bryan Summers said...

Herzog made a documentary called My Best Fiend. I havn't seen it but it goes into all of the craziness.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home