Saturday, July 08, 2006

four movies

The Big White: I refuse to watch Robin Williams films if they are comedies or are heartwarming. I like my Robin Williams as a serial killer or I don't like him at all. But this movie may be an exception. It's pretty good. And the cast is great. (Holly Hunter, Giovonni Ribisi, Allison Lohman, Tim Blake Nelson.) The soundtrack is by Mark Mothersbaugh (my favorite film composer.)

The Ringer: Neither as funny or as offensive as it could be, it still made me smile. It's worth seeing.

Knife in the Water: I thought the hitchhiker would turn out to be homicidal in a serial killer sort of way. Thankfully the movie is a lot more unpredictable than that. (After seeing Oliver Twist, I've decided to see all of Roman Polanski movies. This one maybe his best.)

The Thing: My favorite part is when the dogs face opens. Close second is when the severed head grows spider legs. This is my favorite of these four movies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I really liked 'knife in the water' and most other Polanski films i've seen.

I just bought 'Chinatown' the other night and watched it again and loved it again.

direction, acting, photography, soundtrack, it's all beautiful.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home