Saturday, June 17, 2006

X Men 3 The Last Stand?

Expectations are a funny thing. And more often then not they rule my movie watching experiences. For instance when I see a movie at the dollar theatre I usually enjoy myself. I go into the movie thinking "I only paid a buck for this because this movie looks awful." and then the movie usually exceeds my expectations and I leave thinking, "That wasn't half bad."

Prime example of this was - "I Robot." - Wasn't really interested in the movie and went to see it at the dollar theatre with my brother and I have to say I thought it was pretty sweet.

On the other hand there are times that I'm very excited about a movie and so I'm willing to fork over the big bucks and see it at the Cineplex... Carmike... whatever they call it. Often times these are movies that I've heard are great and my hopes are pretty high and consequently these movies although good movies often fall below my expectations and I leave the theatre disappointed - example - "V For Vendetta."

I had low expectations for X Men 3. I didn't like the first one and didn't love the second one. But I went to see "The Last Stand" (even paid the full price) with a friend and had a great time. Sure there was corny stuff and holes and all that stuff but for whatever reason, be it Kelsey Grammer's blue Beast or maybe the fact that aton of main characters died, I really liked it. - Maybe it was because of my low expectations maybe I just liked it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(SPOILER at the end) I liked this movie too. I just saw it on saturday and I don't know if it was my low expectations or what but I thought it was pretty cool. I guess fans of the the comic books tend not to like it. I never read X-men, I read a couple of wolverine comics when I was young so I don't know if this is true or not. It definately had a different feel from the others. I really liked the other ones though. I thought Bryan Singer added a lot of depth the series. I was disappointed to hear that he chose to direct Superman instead. But Brett Ratner added some excitement that was kind of nice. We'll see how Singer does with the superman series. And also, (WARNING SPOILER) I can't blame Rogue.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home