Sunday, July 02, 2006

Click

By the way, my goal is to write up every movie I see in July. I don't want to be a blog hog, but I'm afraid that's what's going to happen.

I've been an Adam Sandler fan since Happy Gilmore. (I hated Billy Madison.) So I felt vindicated when I found out so was P. T. Anderson. And at that moment I vowed to stop cowardly calling his movies guilty pleasures. I never felt guilty. I just figured other people thought I should feel guilty.
Click is one of his sentimental comdies. Closer to Wedding Singer than Little Nicky. Not as funny as some, but it's his first to make me tear up. There is a scene with the main character's father that just hit me in the gut. So, yeah, if you like Adam Sandler movies, this is a pretty good one. If you don't, you might not like it so much.
My one complaint, (and I probably even shouldn't be making it, since I need to love the movies Adam Sandler makes and not the movies I think he should make,) In a lot of his movies he's needlessly cruel to a character that doesn't deserve it. Sean Astin's only sin was that he wore a speedo? Why kick him in the balls, later pull down his pants, and then . . . . spoiler . . . flip him off on his death bed?
Other than that it was pretty good. (On the talkbacks I'll give a list of my favorite Adam Sandler movies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Summers said...

Here is the list of Adam Sandler movies in order of favorites, (I haven't seen Eight Crazy Nights, and I'm only counting since Billy Madison.)

Happy Gilmore (1996)
The Wedding Singer (1998)(Just as good as Happy Gilmore and much more sweet. It's just not as funny.)
Punch-Drunk Love (2002) (This may be the best movie on the list. I won't argue with that. But I'd still rather watch Happy Gilmore or The Wedding Singer. I find them compulsively watchable.)
Click (2006)
50 First Dates (2004
Mr. Deeds (2002)
Spanglish (2004) (Way underated.)
Big Daddy (1999)
The Longest Yard (2005)
The Waterboy (1998)
Billy Madison (1995)
Little Nicky (2000)
Anger Management (2003) (The trailer was brilliant. The movie - not so much. A better movie than Little Nicky or The Waterboy but at the bottem of my list because it's so boring.)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I love Wedding Singer, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, Big Daddy, and Billy Madison.

I haven't seen Mr. Deeds, Click, 50 first dates, Anger Management, The Longest Yard, or Little Nicky.

Spanglish and Prunch-Drunk Love I don't really count as Adam Sandler movies but I think they're excellent movies and that he's great in them.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home