Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Borat and some halloween movies

Borat: Yes, it's as funny as everyone says. Although not as funny as Borat's clips on the Ali G show. I think the TV show was funnier because they spent more time on the interviews. I wanted more of Borat interviewing people like Bob Barr and Alan Keyes. Oh well. I can't wait to see the extras on the DVD.
Wickerman (1973): You know what? I think the newer one is better. I still love the old one. It's more insane, but the new one got under my skin and made me laugh more. The director did a Q & A after the show and said he will be filming a sequel called Cowboys for Christ next year.
Hound of the Baskervilles: Old Hammer version.
Isolation: Irish horror film that will be released some time next year. It's about a killer cow fetus. They play it straight. It's a very serious movie. I liked it a lot better than the other people in the audience.
House on the Edge of the Park (1980): I saw this by participating in a British Film Board study about films that were hard to classify. This is a cheesy Italian movie that would have been a lot of fun if they didn't have so many rape scenes. Rape is not fun to watch. Cheesy 70's acting is. I hated, hated, hated, hated, hated this movie.
Severence: I don't think this movie will be released in the US. It's a horror comedy. The tag line is The Office meets Deliverance. Only it's never funny. And never scary. This movie made me feel dirty inside. Even more so than House on the edge of the park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home